Friday, August 15, 2014

Beach Essentials



Tomorrow  I will be spending the day out on the waters in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. When spending the day out in the sun I like to have a well stocked beach bag.  I thought I would share a few functional and affordable beach essentials that I like to take along with me.




This is one of my favorite summer items. When I’m outside in the heat I don’t like to put on a lot of make-up, so I use this moisturizer by E.L.F.   It keeps my skin smooth, with a tint of color and it also has SPF in it.  I picked up this product at Target, but you can also get it on the E.L.F website.

Tinted Moisturizer


I am obsessed with Baby Lips products.  I have multiple colors, but this is my go to balm when it comes to spending the day outdoors.  Not only does it have SPF to protect my lips from the sun, but it also gives me a nice glossy look.

Lip Balm


    These wipes are great for when you need to freshen up and a shower is not an option.  I like to use these when I leave the beach or pool to remove the sand or chlorine from my skin.  I picked these up from the dollar tree. Not a bad product for a dollar. 



Body Wipes



   Now we all know how important sunscreen is.  I used to think that since I didn't burn I didn't need to use it. Well it’s not a matter of if you burn, it’s a matter of protecting your skin from any type of skin disease and since I want to keep my skin healthy I choose to wear it.    Since I do tan quite easily I go with a lower SPF.  I’ve been buying the Up and Up Brand from Target, which is a little less money and seems to work just fine.


Sun Screen


    I love wearing sunglasses.   The small amount of light makes me squint and who wants squinty eyes?!  Especially when you know there will be pictures taken.   Although I love sunglasses I do not spend a lot of money on them since I am prone to breaking them or losing them.   I picked up these beauties at Charming Charlie’s for 15.00.  Check out their selection at  charmingcharlie.com



Sun Glasses
 

     I am a sucker for Bath and Body Works body sprays.  I buy the travel size bottles so they fit nicely into my bag.   One of my favorite summer scents is Beautiful Day.
 
Body Spray



I I don’t know about you but if my hair gets wet and I don’t have a straightener handy it turns into a frizzy mess.  So I just spray a little of this, scrunch and bam!   I have nice curly hair!


Curly Spray


    These are nice to blot away any oil or sweat on your face.  I have used the Clean and Clear sheets in the past but I just discovered that E.L.F makes them and they work just as well.


Oil Absorbent 

    I tend to get dry skin after sitting out in the sun or in the sand.  So I just spray a little of this on and I’m good to go!  It goes on nice and smooth without that sticky feel.


Spray and go lotion



     Last but not least my bag….  I actually have two bags that I like to bring along.  One for my towel and extra clothes and one for everything else.   The bag on the left I purchased from an event that was held at my work.  I really like this bag because not only are the colors fun but the material is vinyl so water does not soak through.   It is the perfect size to fit my giant beach towel.  The bag on the right I got from Target. It came with all these mini bags, which trust me I use.  I can separate my items but still carry it all in one bag.





Check back later this weekend to see how our day on the boat went!  Happy Friday! Hope you have a great weekend!

xoxo
Kelli Jean


Follow me @ Bloglovin.com


















\

No comments:

Post a Comment