Saturday, August 16, 2014

Summer Fun...



Every summer for the past five years or so, a group of friends and I rent a boat in Lake Geneva Wisconsin.   This is something we all look forward to each year, but the weather doesn't always cooperate with us.   I remember last year getting on the boat in August wearing a jacket.  Not really my idea of boat weather.  Luckily though, this time it was perfect.   The temps were in the 80's and the sun came out just enough for us to enjoy the warmth but it was not unbearably hot.

We got there this morning and boarded the boat at 10AM,  it's a perfect time because there isn't a whole lot of people out on the lake.  We had the rental for 4 hours, but boy did those hours fly by.


The place we rent the boat from is called Milligan's Island.  Anyone in the Wisconsin area interested in renting a boat this is a good spot.  Check out their website below.  http://www.milligansislandboatrentals.com



This was our rental for the day.  The boat fits 15 passengers, but with only being 6 of us it was very comfy cozy.







So let me introduce you to my little circle of friends.  On the left is my sister Tiffany, in the middle is my best friend Kristina and then that's me on the right!  Here we are enjoying a nice beverage in a fancy sippy cup!   Don't mind our wind blown hair! Lol.








Here we have on the right, my husband Alex, in the center my brother-in-law Alex and on the right Ted. You'll be hearing more about these awesome people in future posts, I'm sure of it.  :)










Group selfie!!!! Thank goodness for my husbands long arms, otherwise we would have never been able to get us all in this photo.





The houses, or shall I say mansions on the lake front are just incredible.  This is just one of many houses we saw.  I would love to have a house like this located right on the lake!  









I mean how awesome is this picture?!!!  The best part was that when he jumped it was a quick decision for me to grab the camera and shoot.




Alex swore the water was not that bad so Kris and I decided to jump in, boy did he lie.  That water was freezing!  We stayed in long enough to take a picture with our matching tubes and got right back out.  Brr!


Anytime we are all together somehow we turn whatever it is we are doing into a photo shoot.  So here are few more fun pictures we took.















I'm so glad I was able to spend the day with all of these amazing people and I look forward to our boat trip again next summer.  

xoxo
Kelli Jean

Follow me @www.bloglovin.com


 





















1 comment:

  1. Looks like so much fun girl!!! That mansion is so beautiful, I bet it looks pretty during christmas time and by the lake, not sure if it snows by you but it would still be so pretty snow or no snow! :) You and your hubby are just adorable and those pink polka dot float tubes are cute!! Hope your having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete